Last Updated on Thursday, 13 April, 2023 at 10:19 am by Andre Camilleri
APS Bank members of staff are regularly invited to share their professional knowledge and experience at various local and international fora. Here are some highlights from the first few months of 2023:
- Richard Scerri, Head of Internal Audit participated at the Careers Day, organised by Sir MA Refalo Sixth Form, Gozo.
- Simon Micallef, Head of Customer Profiling, delivered a presentation on the opening of bank accounts, during an integration course for Ukrainian Refugees organised by JCI.
- Ronald Mizzi, CFO, participated in an online event organised by MIA on ‘Regulator Untangles: Resolution Planning and Reporting for Banks’. He also participated in a panel discussion at the 8th Annual Banking and Payments Law Seminar, organised by Ganado Advocates, in collaboration with the Malta Bankers’ Association.
- Scott Lee Holloway, Voice of the Customer Manager, delivered a keynote speech on ‘Maximising customer feedback: Viewing complaints as opportunities’ at the International Customer Experience Management (ICEM) Summit, London.
- Terrence Seychell, Retail Investments Manager and Adrian Francalanza, Private Clients Investment Advisor delivered a presentation about the Bank’s products and investments to the Maltese support group for the widowed: Minus One.
- Leanne Imbroll, Branch Manager and Kenneth Genovese, Head of Investment Distribution delivered presentations on loans, insurance and investments to students at the Your Financial Literacy Guide event, organised by KNŻ & ASCS.
- Graziella Bray, Company Secretary delivered a presentation on ‘Corporate Governance” at the Malta Association of Small Shareholders Conference.
- Marvin Farrugia, Head of Asset Management Liability delivered a presentation on ‘Ethical Investing’ at the European Money Week & Global Money Week, organised by The Directorate for Learning and Assessment Programmes and The Malta Bankers’ Association.
- Matthew Swain, Senior ESG Manager, participated in a panel discussion on the ‘’Introduction to ESG, why it all makes sense for all of us’ at the ‘ESG Business Breakfast’. This event was hosted by RSM Malta and Bureau Veritas in partnership with Times of Malta.
- Gabriella Mangion, Payment Screen & Fraud Monitoring Manager and Silvana Bugeja, Chargebacks & Scheme Compliance Lead delivered a presentation on ‘Debit and Credit Cards: Similarities and Differences’, at the Women and Finance Conference, organised by the Malta Bankers’ Association, supported by Central Bank of Malta.
- Jeremy Vassallo, CSR Manager participated in a panel discussion on ‘Understanding the Maltese Context Around Impact’ at the For Impact event and fair, organised by the Academy of Givers.
Elaine Calleja, Head of Career Development commented, “Our colleagues are invited to participate at a wide range of events, sharing their knowledge and expertise on various subjects. We are proud to be able to support these events by providing students with career insights, supporting financial literacy initiatives and expert contributions at professional conferences and events.”