Partnering up with T-Systems on its Blockchain Ecosystem, Malta Enterprise will be offering blockchain as a service for companies setting up their projects in Malta as of 2020, according to a press statement sent to Business Malta.
The two parties signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the issue during the Digital X, Europe’s cross-sectoral digitalisation initiative. T-Systems will offer its business customers a “Blockchain Ecosystem” from 2020.
Malta Enterprise and T-Systems expressed their commitment to making the benefits of the compliant and rapidly deployable blockchain ecosystem available to Malta-registered companies as soon as possible. The two entities added that they are convinced that blockchain networks provide higher security and control than any other technology.
In November 2018, Malta became the first EU member to provide a formal legal framework for blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) solutions. Ever since, Malta has often been referred to as the “Blockchain Island”.
“We are delighted to offer this unique platform to Blockchain developers,” said Katharyn White, Chief Marketing Officer of T-Systems, “It will increase the success of Blockchain projects and accelerate the impact of Blockchain solutions on the market,” she added.
Kurt Farrugia, CEO of Malta Enterprise, also welcomes the cooperation: “This collaboration with T-Systems will give a further competitive advantage for Malta over other jurisdictions while adding more value to the already established Maltese Blockchain ecosystem,” said Malta Enterprise CEO Kurt Farrugia. “Companies using T-System’s Blockchain Ecosystem services will have a certification for their project by the Malta Digital Innovation Authority (MDIA). The relationship with T-Systems will continue to build Malta’s reputation as a solid Blockchain jurisdiction,” he added.
The planned collaboration includes:
- Provision of an enterprise blockchain platform as part of the Malta Innovation Hub, which will support the Ethereum, Hyperledger, and Corda DLT platforms;
- Provision of a validator service, allowing Mata-registered companies to rapidly deploy validator nodes on some of the largest and most significant proof-of-stake blockchains in production;
- Support for the comprehensive solution audits recently announced by the Malta Digital Innovation Authority;
- Access to T-Systems’ security solutions;
- Joint marketing and training activities, including seminars in key European cities to provide a rapid adoption path for companies wishing to launch blockchain projects quickly, securely, and in full compliance.