Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 August, 2019 at 10:58 am by Christian Keszthelyi
The Maltese government announced that Infrastructure Malta is issuing another call for offers for renovating 170 residential roads in different localities with a total value of approximately €70m, according to a press statement released by the government’s Department of Information (DOI).
Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Capital Projects Ian Borg says that as a result of this new call for 170 residential roads divided into six sets, the constructions of a total of 52 kilometres of roads and 85 kilometres of pavements will begin. The works will include investments in the replacement and extension of services where necessary, work on pavements and stormwater systems, foundations, asphalt and even signage, safety systems and other facilities which are added after the road is complete, according to the DOI press statement.
The announcement comes a few weeks after the commencement of works on the first 31 residential roads from the first lot of 120 started after a similar call last year. “We came to visit these roads less than a month since we began works,” minister Borg said when announcing the new progress. “Therefore, today we continue to witness the delivery of this government’s pledge – a pledge which will be financing €700 million for the roads which are used by residents every day. We started with 120 roads, and we are continuing with another 170 roads. We will continue with this work at this pace, and we are working so that everything can be done at the highest standards and quality,” said Mr Borg, according to the DOI.
The list of the 170 roads announced in this tender can be seen in the official press statement by the DOI.