Prime Minister Robert Abela has revealed that the airport and the port will be reopening on 1 July and that on Friday 5 June he is set to announce that all establishments that are still closed due to Covid-19 restrictions will reopen.
“Statistics show that the Covid-19 pandemic is a thing of the past in Malta, so we have started a process of returning to complete normality,” he said during an interview earlier on ONE TV.
He said that those who believed that the relaxation of measures were going to cause a second wave have been proven wrong as the government always had a definitive vision of stability for the future.
The coming weeks will further certify this vision as further relaxation of measures will be announced including the reopening of all establishments that are still closed at the moment, including the courts and gyms starting from Friday 5 June. Abela said that safeguarding protocols will also be released for establishments which they have to follow if they reopen.
Additionally, on Monday 8 June the government will be announcing a multi-million euro budget, one that will not only allow them to take back what it gave to people and businesses while also keep on supporting those who are still in need.
Abela also announced that on Wednesday 1 July ports and airports will be reopened with simple protocols to follow that will not scare off tourism.