Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 January, 2022 at 10:15 am by Andre Camilleri
Finance Minister Clyde Caruana was unable to give an exact timeline on Malta’s quest to getting off the FATF greylist, but did say that the government has submitted a report to assessors for consideration.
Caruana was asked whether, given that a number of months have now passed, he has a clearer indication of when Malta will be able to get off the greylist on Monday.
“What I can say is that we have submitted the work that we have done since the announcement up until December or January to them,” Caruana said.
He said that this work had been submitted in the form of a report as that the FATF’s assessors would come back with an opinion on the way forward in the coming days.
Asked specifically whether there is a timeline, Caruana said that there isn’t at the moment but that things are now in the FATF’s ball park for now.
“As a ministry we have submitted our report with our updated work,” he said.