Last Updated on Thursday, 31 December, 2020 at 9:00 pm by Andre Camilleri
The government will allocate €1 million for bar and club owners, whose businesses have been closed down due to the Covid-19 pandemic since October.
The announcement was made by Prime Minister Robert Abela on social media.
Bars and clubs were closer earlier this year to stop the spread of the virus. The health authorities have said that these establishments will remain closed until at least the beginning of February.
Abela said he had remained in personal contact with bar owners and understood the need for assistance over and above the wage supplement for the sector, especially during the festive period.
More details will be announced in the coming days, he said.